Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today's Special: Oreo Balls, Chicken Enchiladas, To Die for Crock Pot Roast, and Pork with Dried Apples & Proscuitto,

Oreo Balls- New Recipe. So I've had these in my "To Try" folder in my Recipezaar account for a long time, but for some reason never got around to making them. The other day a co-worker shared one of these with me and I knew I had to have more. So I made some! These were seriously so awesome. They're just blended up Oreos with cream cheese but man... they rocked! Plus they were actually really easy to make so that was definitely a bonus! Corinne... you better not make these. You'll probably die. Or gain 50 pounds.




Chicken Enchiladas- New Recipe. So I first saw this recipe on the Blue Muse's blog and thought it looked awesome. The night I made this the Internets were down at my house so I had to guess on how to make it. I basically did everything as it says in the recipe, except I didn't add any onions or garlic because I forgot about them. But it still turned out so good! I think the rotisserie chicken made a huge difference in the flavor. Also, I'm not sure if I've used white corn tortillas before or not, or maybe it was the brand I bought (Mission), but these ones were a million times better than the corn tortillas I've used before. Usually they break when I roll them, but these held together very well. I'll definitely buy them again. Anyway, this recipe was definitely easy AND delicious. I'm sure I'll be making them again!



To Die for Crock Pot Roast- Repeat. This is my favorite pot roast recipe. It always turns out good and it makes its own gravy! The gravy is very salty straight out of the pot, so I always thin it out with water and then use a thickener to get it back to a good gravy consistency.



Pork with Dried Apples and Prosciutto- New Recipe. I really liked this recipe. It definitely had a great "Fall" flavor. It was super easy to make and fast and used up some prosciutto and sage I had in the fridge! (You know you're out of control when you have leftover sage and prosciutto). I don't normally like pork chops much, but these were delicious!

12 comments:

Holly said...

I had to laugh when you said "you know you're out of control when you have leftover sage and prosciutto." I would have to agree with you on that one. :)

The Oreo Balls sound AMAZING!

Holly said...

I have a feeling you'll be a great help with my bar competition! :)

Paul said...

Hmm. I have a feeling that if I made Oreo balls I would eat them all in one sitting. But afterwards I would have to say, "I just ate too many balls!" And that would make me feel funny.

...

I avoid rocky mountain oysters for the same reason.

Karen said...

I avoid Rocky Mountain Oysters because they're sheep balls, but that's just me...

Holly said...

I cannot get those Oreo Balls out of my mind! :)

Rindlisbach Family said...

So, I made those oreo balls on Saturday becuase they sounded so good -- and they didn't disappoint! They were awesome. But mine didn't look nearly as fancy and professional as yours. This was my first attempt at "dipping" and I pretty much suck. So, do you have any advice or tips for me so that they will look better for the next time I make them -- which just might be later this week!

It's Me said...

I love balls. Ha Ha!

Also, the enchiladas sound great and using rotisserie chicken is a fabulous idea. I'm going to try that one out soon.

Karen said...

Hey Steph, I'm kind of a rookie at the dipping thing myself. When I made these I dipped them from the top using a toothpick, which worked fine, but then I was left with a big hole in the top... which I promptly covered with squiggles of chocolate. Next time I will try stabbing them in the side with a toothpick instead of the top. And my white chocolate could have been a little hotter, it was lukewarm and didn't run very much after dipping. As for the fancy stuff... I just nipped a tiny hole in a ziplock bag and used that to do the squiggles... it wasn't hard at all and covered all my mistakes!

Denise said...

I decided that my Wednesday treat theme at work this week would be "Oreos". I made the Oreo balls and homemade oreo cookies. Several people said that if I ever give up my accounting job I could go into baking and they would be customers. Thanks for the idea!

heidi said...

HOMEmade oreo cookies! I had no idea (that such a thing existed).

I'm so impressed that this post accrued nine comments! Well, ten, now. Maybe it helped, having both "Oreo" and "Balls" in the title. Something for everyone. :D

Karen said...

Lol you guys seriously all crack me up.

I really can't figure you people out. I mean I put all this delicious stuff on here week after week and you all gravitate towards "balls" and "crap."

{lightbulb coming on above my head}

I know! Next week watch for my new recipe: CRAP BALLS!

heidi said...

Mmm. Sounds delicious.