Monday, September 13, 2010

He Must Have Known I Just Finished "The Sun Also Rises"

I went fishing up on the Weber again this weekend and besides the one massive fish I caught that got away (I'm serious... it really happened!), this cow was the only other thing worth noting. Or maybe it was a bull. I think it was a bull actually. But that's neither here nor there. The point is, he was staring at me so I took his picture. And I made sure to wave at him too. I didn't want him to think I was a snob.




5 comments:

It's Me said...

Great pic. What is "The Sun Also Rises" about?

Karen said...

It's about drunk people going to bull fights...

heidi said...

Ha! That is the AWESOMEST book review! I think you could do a series of one-liners for ALL of Hemingway's stuff, in that vein. "It's about drunk people going fishing..." Etc.

I guess I sound unappreciative. I think Hemingway irritated me with "For Whom the Bell Tolls." There's a female character who gets raped--I think multiple times?--but the stoic hero of few words heals her. Instantly. By a night of great sex.

I'm not sure the great H understands women. Or trauma. Or...

BUT I did get swept away by "The Old Man and the Sea." And there's probably something lacking in me that I don't appreciate the great H more. Not trying to be a detractor. Just saying.

Rachel said...

I fell desperately in love with E Hemingway when I read "A Farewell to Arms." So I picked up "The Sun Also Rises" and about died from boredom. So much drinking. I also didn't make it very far into "For Whom the Bell Tolls." But I really liked "A Farewell to Arms."

Also, love the bull pic. I love finding cows on fishing trips. There's a special free-range cow manure smell that I kind of like.

Holly said...

I love this photo. I think cows are adorable. Is that weird?