Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's Special: Ranch-Parmesan Chicken, Korean Chicken & Peanut Noodles, Crap in Rolls, Beef Stroganoff, and BLTs

Ranch-Parmesan Chicken- New Recipe. I made this on the spur of the moment because I hadn't gone to the grocery store yet. It turned out surprisingly good. Not healthy in the slightest, but good!



Korean Roast Chicken (new recipe) with Peanut-Ginger Noodles (repeat)- The Korean chicken turned out surprisingly well. I actually used boneless skinless thighs and it worked just fine. It did reduce the cooking time to 45 minutes. I'd probably let these marinate longer if I were to make them again. And the noodles? What can I say? This is my favorite peanut sauce/noodle recipe I've tried. And it's super easy.



Crap in Rolls- Old family favorite. OK so there's a story to this one. These things are actually called "Chicken Rolls." We pronounce it more like "crap'n-rolls." My now brother-in-law JR was coming over for his first Sunday dinner at the Holley home. When asked what we were having, Corinne said something like, "I don't know... crap in rolls or something." And he still came over. Bachelors sure are desperate for a home cooked meal. Don't worry, they're better than they sound. And my mom still gets pissed off when we called them Crap in Rolls.

Crap in Rolls

Rolls
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can mushrooms
1 stalk celery, diced
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cups breadcrumbs
2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Roll dough (16 rolls)

Sauce
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
Milk

Combine chicken, lemon pepper, cream cheese, mushrooms, and celery. Roll out dough. Spoon mixture onto dough (about 1 rounded tablespoon each), roll up, and seal. Dip in melted butter and then into bread crumbs. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

To make sauce combine cream of chicken soup with enough milk to thin to desired consistency and heat. Spoon over hot rolls.

Makes 16 rolls.





Beef Stroganoff- Repeat. Comfort food at its best. I always add mushrooms to the meat/onions when they're sauteing.



BLTs- Repeat. So I'm pretty sure the name is self-explanatory of the recipe for this one. Unless you want to get all technical and say it doesn't include the mayo or bread. But come on. If you don't know how to make a BLT, there's no help for you. Quit now.



5 comments:

It's Me said...

All that food sounds great. I wish you were my personal chef sometimes. I love peanut noodles so I'll have to try that recipe out.

I still call the Chicken Rolls 'Crap in Rolls'. Ha! Ha! They are good! I know it's probably mean, but I think it is so funny! Why I get so much enjoyment out of teasing Mom is beyond me. I'm sure to get payback one of these days.

Rachel said...

I just wanted you to know that I actually used your blog in my menu planning this week. Abe was looking over it and when he saw the Crap in Rolls was all, "Um, Rach? What's this?" And I was like, "It's one of Karen's recipes." And he was all, "Ahhh." 'Cause that made it all make sense.

Karen said...

Rach... and of course you decided from of all the deliciously titled meals on here, to choose the one entitled "Crap in Rolls."

Also tell Abe I'm offended he hadn't already read this post. Otherwise he would have known that recipe was from me.

Holly said...

I love that your family has a meal they call "Crap in Rolls" - makes me laugh. They sound delicious!

thebluemuse, phd said...

Crap in Rolls... LOVE IT! You also reminded me that I've been meaning to make that stroganoff for awhile now!